I used the Stampin’ Up Cupcake Party and Ray of Sunshine stamp sets and Subtle DSP Stack from the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog to create my card for Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Retiring Stamp Set Blog Hop. The card stock is So Saffron-it is not retiring. These stamp sets will only be available for ordering until May 31. Here is my card:
How I put this card together:
- Adhere Subtles DSP stack paper to So Saffron Card front using SNAIL adhesive.
- Die cut one piece of So Saffron using the Deco Collection Framelits.
- Die cut one piece of Whisper White (next smaller die) using Deco Collections Framelits.
- Stamp sentiment in upper third of Whisper White using So Saffron Ink after liberally dusting area to be stamped using the Embossing Buddy.
- Working quickly pour on Stampin’ Emboss clear powder. Carefully pour powder back into jar and heat emboss.
- Using the Cupcake Builder punch and DSP from background punch out the bottom of the cupcake.
- Stamp the top of the Cupcake on Whisper White using the So Saffron Ink. Punch out the top of the cupcake using the Cupcake Builder punch.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere the bottom and the top of the punched out cupcake to the Whisper White Card Stock.
- Make bow out of 5/8″ So Saffron seam binding (hand dyed using So Saffron Reinker, Whisper White Seam binding) and attach with glue dot between top and bottom of cupcake.
- Attach the finished Whisper White panel to the next larger size die cut of So Saffron.
- Attach the assembled front to the DSP.
I always feel a card is not complete until the inside looks as pretty as the outside and the envelope matches in some way. So here is how I finished the inside:
- Using SNAIL adhere a 1 1/4″ strip of DSP used on the front of the card to the left side of a Whisper White Panel.
- Using two sizes of Deco Collection Framelits die cut the larger one in So Saffron and the smaller one in Whisper White.
- Using the sentiment from Cupcake Builders and So Saffron stamp the sentiment. Stamp the HB flags in opposite corners in So Saffron.
- Adhere the assembled So Saffron panel to the Whisper White panel using SNAIL.
- Finish the inside by adhering all to the card stock.
Envelope: using the Envelope Framelit die cut matching DSP and adhere to the inside of the envelope.
Now to get on with the HOP! Click the button below to hop over to see what Jaimie Babarczy has created for us.
If you should get lost here is a list of our Blog Hop Team:
Beth Hooper- <you are here!
Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will follow my blog in the future, just leave your email address in the box on the upper right. If you have any questions please contact me by email at: