In the mountains, the weather we are experiencing today (low of 40 and high of 52, windy, rainy) is called “Blackberry Winter”-the Blackberries are blooming! Everywhere. In fact several years ago we had a hard freeze the first of May during Blackberry Winter. Had I given it a lot of thought I would have made a card using Blackberry Bliss, however..life being what it is I decided to make a birthday card instead. A color I don’t use too often is Pear Pizazz in the Subtles Collection. Using Lost Lagoon for a great contrast I also added another Subtles collection color- So Saffron.
This is how I put the card together. This is my original design by the way.
- Cut a 2″ X 4 1/4″ piece of So Saffron then emboss it using the Elegant Dots Embossing Folder. Adhere to card front in the upper 1/3 of the card.
- Choose two sizes of Banners Framelits and die cut two larger banners in Lost Lagoon. Then die cut the next smaller size of Banners Framelits in Whisper White
- Dust one piece of Whisper White liberally with embossing buddy. Shake off the excess. Then Stamp your sentiment in So Saffron and heat emboss using the clear Embossing Powder.
- Using So Saffron Ink stamp the top of the cupcake from the Cupcake Party Set on So Saffron Paper and punch out using the Cupcake Builder Punch.
- Using Real Red Stamp the cherry from the Cupcake Party Set on Whisper White Card Stock. Then punch out using Cupcake Builder Punch and adhere to the top of the Cupcake.
- Using Pear Pizazz stamp a the bottom of the cupcake on Pear Pizazz Paper and punch out using the Cupcake Builder Punch.
- Using the edge of Stampin’ Up! Stamping Sponge in So Saffron, lightly swipe the edges of both of the Whisper White banners.
- Adhere the cupcake bottom to the middle of one of the Whisper White Banner. Adhere the top of the cupcake using Stampin Dimensionals.
- Then adhere Whisper White Banners to the Lost Lagoon Banners and adhere both to the front of the card.
- Place three candy dots over the lower banner in So Saffron. (These are retiring, don’t know what I am going to do without them!)
Here is the inside of this card.
- Cut liner for inside 1/2″ smaller than front of card in So Saffron.
- Using Lost Lagoon Ink stamp the sentiment from Party Wishes (Occasions Catalog) and heat emboss as in Step #3.
- Candles above the sentiment are from the Party Wishes Stamp Set.
This is a fairly easy card to put together, it would be fun to make it for a girl using Pink Pirouette and Wisteria Wonder.