This card, using ©Stampin’ Up! Perfect Pairings Stamp Set and Large Numbers Framelits for the numbers and DSP from the Brights Color Collections to create a stunning, personalized graduation card. My grandson, Andrew graduated from the University of Cincinnati last weekend and I created this card especially for him. Researching, I discovered the school colors were Black and Red. I CASEd this card from Peggy Waggoner as showcased by Dawn on Do Stamping with Dawn Blog.
So this card was created like this:
- Card base is Whisper White Heavy Card stock to 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ and scored and folded at 4 1/4″.
- The DSP is from the Brights Color Collections in Real Red and cut at 5 1/2″ X 4 1/2″.
- Die Cut the numbers using Basic Black and the Large Number Framelits.
- Using Versa Mark Pad, I liberally coated the sentiment from Perfect Pairings and stamped it on the one. Then dusting well with White Stampin’ Emboss powder followed by heat embossing.
- Using the Ovals Framelits (retiring May 31), I choose to sizes that fit well together. Die cut the larger oval in Basic Black. The next smaller size cut in Real Red.
- Using Vera Mark Pad and the sentiment stamp on Real Red Oval centering it. The dust it liberally with Black Embossing Powder (retiring May 31). Followed by heat embossing.
- Cut a 1″ X 1″ square out of Basic Black Card Stock. Punch to holes close together in the middle and run a 1/4″ Crushed Curry doubled through the two holes, taking the ends of the ribbons, insert through the loop and pull through. Adjust as needed.
- Adhere the Real Red/Basic Black Oval to card on lower right using Stampin’ Dimensional’s. Adhere the cap to the lower left hand corner using the Dimensionals again.
Thank you Dawn for showcasing this perfect graduation card!