The Gold Finches at my feeders this year have been spectacular. Sometimes hard to distinguish the Pine Siskins and the Pine Warblers as they all changed their colors from Winter to Spring. I wanted to showcase the Hearth and Home Thinlet Set and I think it turned out nicely, don’t you agree?
The base card stock is Crumb Cake.
- Cut a piece of Soft Suede 5 1/4″ X 4″.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Yardstick at 5″ X 3 3/4″
- Using the Big Shot and Crumb Cake, Die cut the Window Frame from Hearth and Home. Also die cut the Window Box in Crumb Cake.
- Cut a piece of DSP in Hello Honey DSP 2014-2106 Color Collects Stack at 1″ X 2 1/8″.
- Using a decorative edge Punch one long edge for the bottom of the valance.
- Using a scrap of Very Vanilla stamp the bird on the limb from the Moon Lake Stamp Set in Soft Suede Ink.
- Using Aqua Painters and the colors Soft Suede, Hello Honey and Wild Wasabi watercolor the image.
- Carefully cut the cross frame from the Crumb Cake
- Now position the valance at the top of the frame on the inside and glue in place using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Carefully ‘Fussy” Cut out the bird on the limb and position behind the frame. Glue in place using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- I then stamped the sentiment from Sky is the Limit (SAB retired) in Soft Suede on the Window Box upside down then glue to front of card.
- Adhere completed window frame to front of card. (Could have used dimensional here under the frame give it depth.
- Then adhere all layers together and the front of your card is done.
The inside was finished easily, I cut a piece of Soft Suede and layered it with a piece of Very Vanilla. Then carefully blocking off the limb and the bird I stamped the grass and part of the limb in Soft Suede on the lower left side. I completed the card using the Aqua Painters and watercoloring the stamped image using Hello Honey and Wild Wasbi Ink. I again stamped on the bottom of the image on the left botton of the envelope and lined the envelope in Hello Honey DSP from the 2014-2016 Color Collections. The Envelope is in Crumb Cake.