Please, before you see this card I must confess….I could barely bring myself to publish this card. It was one of those cards with Murphy’s Law at work. “IF IT COULD GO WRONG, IT DID!” See the pretty blue smudge on the top of the card? Yep, I couldn’t find a way to cover that up and by that time quite a few things went wrong. I said to myself- “Self, why don’t you fess up and let everyone know that they are not the only ones who have days where a great idea goes soon wrong”. So here it is.
My problems (also know as mistakes -pains me to admit them…)
- Using the Star Framelits I cropped the star in the middle of the front of the card to make the shaker part. That’s why this first picture is the inside of the card. Not the correct way to make a shaker card. You end up with a hole in the front of your card and a ‘bulge’ on the inside of your card.
- So now I have to cover the hole on the inside and that is the shaker part.
- BUTl-I like the look of the red star layered on the white star inside
4. Then I proceeded to make the shaker on the front, and I had some sequins from another project so I used those. Another Mis-take. You can see that the silver sequins are sticking to the front of the Shaker window. Their way too small.
5. So while finishing the inside with the Dapper Denim Smudge I accidentally folded the card front on the inker…..See at the top right of the card the blue smudge?
6. Ok, now your thinking what else could go wrong? Well—When I glued the white and red stars to the front of the card I used the multipurpose glue, put some on a little square of card stock and used a toothpick to apply the glue to the back of the star. You really can’t see it in the picture but when I applied the star to the front some glue in places squeezed out and when it dried became shiny on the blue side.
Thank goodness that was the last one!
I have been creating cards for almost 15 years. I think this card has more mistakes on it and it still turned out rather presentable. I got some whiteout and am going to try to cover the blue with the whiteout to see what that looks like. I do like the design though.
Next post will be Tuesday, May 31. Hope this makes you feel better when everything you do to a nice card is wrong.